To ensure we keep an up-to-date list of your hardware configuration we provide our RMM monitoring tool. This is a small software agent which runs on servers, laptops, PCs and Macs.
- Provide an up-to-date list of the business assets
- System components / hardware configuration
- Serial number
- Software packages
- Operating system and update version
- Encryption status
- Last known user
- IP addresses (internal / external)
- Monitoring for network devices such as network switches, firewalls, UPS devices.
This agent also references the Event Viewer built into Windows and Mac to look for hardware / software issues. We will be notified to alerts that relate to hardware failure, extended low performance (high CPU / RAM utilisation), low disk space.
It also allows us to remotely administer the device, push certain software packages, amend update policies, and carry out tasks without notifying the user in some cases.